What information does BeautiqueMedispa collect about me?
Personal information means information which on its own or in combination with other information, allows identification of an individual. We will collect personal information about you which you voluntarily provide, for example, in the context of creating bookings on the Phorest booking system, our mobile or web-based booking app or by corresponding with us, including in-salon and by email. Where you choose to provide personal details to us either in person, at a salon, through the website or the app, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Your full name, title and gender, so we know who you are;
- your work and home contact details eg telephone numbers and e-mail address, so we can contact you and fulfil any appointment requests or product orders and can also avoid confusion where there are duplicate names;
- the reason for your contact, which may be an appointment request, an enquiry, an enquiry on behalf of someone else, a product order, client comment, a change of circumstances to your booking, to allow us to assist you as quickly as possible;
- your contact and marketing preferences, to make sure you only get the information you want from us in the way you want it;
- if you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways;
- if you register/apply for one of the vacancies listed on our careers applications, employment, personal and educational details which you choose to provide to us as part of creating your profile, account and/or any application for employment, for example your CV, any employee or governmental identity number, driver’s license number and/or passport number (if required), your date of birth, place of birth, nationality (and where applicable dual or formal nationality), eligibility (including evidence) to work in the UK (or relevant country), personal or professional interests (including job interests and areas of expertise), employment history, salary details and career aspirations, or language skills, any other information you choose to provide in your CV and any covering or subsequent documentation and any other information provided in relation to such registration or application, to enable us to process your registration or application;
- information you provide to us which reports a problem with any of the websites or apps and any further details requested from you to help us deal with such problem(s), so we can sort things out as quickly as possible;
- information necessary for legal compliance;
- where you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social media websites and applications, so we understand you a bit better;
- technical information about the device which you use (for example the device type), log information (details of your use of our websites and apps), to help us provide the best service we can;
- any other information you may voluntarily provide to us;
What does BeautiqueMedispa do with the information collected?
BeautiqueMedispa may use your personal information for any of the following purposes (or as otherwise notified to you from time to time):
- to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry via any of our platforms (email, booking app, telephone);
- to administer your account/membership of the websites and apps if you have registered with us;
- to process, administer and take payment for your appointment(s), order(s) or purchase(s) through our websites or apps, including in-salon and during delivery;
- to send you appointment reminder texts/emails prior to your appointment;
- to retain your treatment history; this helps us to assess response to treatments and to time treatments according to your personal cycle where relevant;
- to contact you in the rare circumstances of a change to your appointment i.e therapists illnesses;
- to improve our services and products, including by customer survey, and to ensure that content from the websites and apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or other devices);
- to administer the websites, apps and for internal record keeping, business development and research (including anonymization of your personal information for future statistical analysis);
- to process and administer your job or similar application(s) (including placement or apprenticeship opportunities, as appropriate), to provide you with information on opportunities available to you (where requested), to interview, obtain suitable references, advise and undertake any required vetting procedures in relation to any vacancy which you register your interest for;
- to contact you by telephone or e-mail for the above reasons;
- to comply with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations (including in connection with a court order, government investigation or when otherwise required by law).
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as business needs and legal requirements dictate.
We will keep your information for as long as you are a returning, regular client and therefore necessary for us to fulfil the purposes set out above. We determine you as a returning client if you make appointments every 18 months or less.
Who does BeautiqueMedispa share my information with?
We will never share your information with third party companies for marketing purposes. We use a software system known as Phorest, the provider clearly states their privacy terms when you begin to interact with the system; we believe Phorest provides the best customer experience with the greatest security. When you make an appointment with us and your details are entered into the system Phorest allows you to create an account linking to their system. The Phorest privacy terms and conditions are available on their website; you may request to close your account and remove your data. In rare circumstancesBeautiqueMedispa may be obliged to share your personal information, this may be with:
- agencies who help us comply with our legal or regulatory obligations e.g. fraud prevention and detection agencies.
- payment processing providers.
Any such companies will be legally bound to protect your personal information.
No one will be permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
Like nearly all businesses, we use Google Analytics to gain an understanding of what is popular on our website, which blogs and pieces of expert advice you find most useful and to gain a better understanding of how to provide the best experience possible on our website. Google Analytics doesn’t collect personal information at all.
Phorest’s outlined terms for GDPR
Will I receive unsolicited marketing emails?
As of 25th May 2018 you can only receive marketing emails that you have specifically opted in for – which is great news for us all! When you join us (i.e make your first appointment booking using your email address and phone number) at BeautiqueMedispa, we’ll send you one email asking if you’d like to opt in to our Salon News and other bits of information within our marketing emails. These will always give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from further information from us, and if you are receiving them by mistake, please let us know as it will have been entirely unintentional to send without your consent.
How do I correct or update my personal information?
We rely on the personal information that you give us, so it is important that all of the details that you give to us are accurate and up to date. If your personal information changes, please notify us by writing to us at the e-mail address given at the bottom of this policy, or by calling or asking in person to review your profile information. This could also include deleting your information if you were, for example, knowingly moving away and unlikely to return any time soon.
How does BeautiqueMedispa protect the security of my personal information?
We take the security of our customers’ data very seriously and we employ appropriate measures to protect all personal information collected in a secure, controlled environment.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our websites or apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites or apps. When you submit your personal information through our websites or apps, this at your own risk.
Do the BeautiqueMedispa websites and apps link to other sites?
BeautiqueMedispa will post any changes to the Policy on the website homepage or personally by email to ensure visitors are always aware of any changes to information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. You may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the website or app.
How do I contact BeautiqueMedispa
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.